Bethany Deshpande is the CEO of Soma Detect. She is a scientist turned entrepreneur who is providing dairy farmers with information that they need in order to produce the best milk.
She is from New Brunswick which have a great startup communities. It is very interesting how she end up becoming the CEO of one of the promising startups in agriculture when she didn’t grew in a farm and knew nothing about agriculture. She also mentioned that her father played an important role in the creation of the company and how her conversations with dairy farmers led her to find ways to improve their industry.
She also has insights on how entrepreneurship is not a sprint but a marathon. Startups are Calculus not statistics. There are lots of things she shed light on being an entrepreneur and making your own decisions to further what drives your business.
Find out on this episode – Ep13: SomaDetect is Innovation that makes the impossible possible.
What you’ll learn in this episode is:
- Entrepreneurship is a marathon not a sprint.
- Startups are calculus not statistics
- When you are startup, it really doesn’t matter what the average is. It’s about your own decisions and your own numbers. That’s what drives your business.
- The precise amount of number is so much important than the average.
- There is a better milk in every cow at every milking.
- Farmer Centric Design
- Best Innovations come from the basement!
- Book: How F*cked Up Is Your Management?: An uncomfortable conversation about modern leadershiphttp://amzn.to/2B8wbUD by Jonathan and Melissa Nightingale
- Trello – www.trello.com
- Slack – www.slack.com
- Restaurant – Chess Piece Patisserie, City of Fredericton, @chesspiececafe
- Twitter: @SomaDetect
- Website: www.somadetect.com