Zac Young is a Co-Founder and COO of H2nanO, providing next generation water treatment solutions for hard-to-treat contaminants. He is a Loran Scholar, former team member of nanotechnology start-ups Nicoya Lifesciences and Alchemy, and Nanotechnology Engineering graduate from the University of Waterloo.
This is an extra special episode, as one of our listeners, Sylvie Spraakman nominated H2nanO as Canadian Innovator that is changing the game! Thank you Sylvie!
“Figure out what your company really stands for and stands to do”
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How H2NanO is using sunlight to create purified water
- The importance of trying to hone in on what is the immediate thing to solve
- Why engaging customers early is key to success in a business
- Getting your Bill Gates cup of clean water moment
- How to focus on what really matters during the start of the day
“Don’t bite more than what you can chew”
- Tools: www.slack.com
- Books: The hard thing about hard things – Ben Horowitz
- Books: Shoe Dog – Phil Knight
- Podcast: 99 Percent Invisible
- Website: www.h2nano.ca
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/H2nanO
- Article: Researchers find new, inexpensive way to clean water from oil sands production
- Article: Researchers developing nanoparticles to purify water
- Article: CTV Kitchener: Nanotechnology
- Article: Bloomberg 2018 Global Innovation Index Study
Find time in the morning to sit down and think about what it is I’m working that day, that week and that month.
Get back on track where you can have days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months pretty quickly if you’re not diligent about filtering out what is the need to get done versus the not necessary components.
Favorite Hotspots: Kitchener Waterloo, Canada
Share the podcast with your friends & family. And of course, please leave a review and nominate a Canadian Innovator. You can also join our CanInnovate Facebook page!